Vitrebond™ Plus Light Cure Glass Ionomer Liner/Base Double Pack Refill 3M™ ESPE™ 7572
|Manufacturer:||3M Oral Care|
Features & Benefits:
- Vitrebond™ Plus Light Cure Glass Ionomer Liner/Base, convenient paste-liquid formula in unique 3M™ Clicker™ Dispenser offers the protection of a conventional glass ionomer liner without the mess of measuring.
- Faster, easier dispensing and the right mix every time.
- Award-winning 3M™ Clicker™ dispenser assures a consistent mix.
- Helps protect against post-op sensitivity: offers a strong bond to dentin, sealing the tooth structure to protect against micro leakage.
- Low micro leakage comparable to original 3M™ Vitrebond™ Liner/Base.
- Fluoride release of a true glass ionomer.
- 3M Vitrebond™ Plus Light-Cure Glass Ionomer Liner/Base has excellent handling characteristics for easy placement.
- Cures in 20 seconds - a faster cure time than powder-liquid formulas.
- Delivers excellent adhesion with any dental adhesive system.
- No additional hardware required.
- Vitrebond™ Plus Light Cure Glass Ionomer Liner/Base Double Pack Refill includes 2 - 10g 3M™ Clicker™ Dispenser, 1 Large Mixing Pad and 1 Technique Card.
- Liner/Base under direct and indirect restorations, including composite, amalgam, ceramic and metal restorations.
- Can I use Vitrebond™ Plus liner/base with any adhesive system?
Yes. The adhesion using Vitrebond Plus liner/base (covering all dentin) was tested using a variety of 4th, 5th and 6th generation adhesives. In all cases the failure occurred either within the dentin or within the liner layer.
- Do I have to keep the etchant off the Vitrebond Plus liner/base layer?
No, Etchant is not deleterious to a cured Vitrebond Plus liner/base layer.
- I use a flowable as my first increment of composite, why would I use Vitrebond Plus liner/base?
Particularly in deep cavities where dentinal fluid flow is higher which may compromise the performance of the bonding agent, Vitrebond Plus liner/base seals the dentin.
- Can I use Vitrebond Plus liner/base under my esthetic restorations without altering the final esthetic result?
Yes. Vitrebond Plus liner/base is much lighter in color (less chroma) than the Fuji Lining LC Paste Pak formulation and is less opaque than the original Vitrebond liner/base. Field evaluators noted the esthetic results were significantly better with Vitrebond Plus liner/base.
- The bond strength values are lower than my current adhesive system alone, why should I not be concerned?
Bond to tooth structure with glass ionomer materials is very different than methacrylate bonding. Glass ionomers have two bonding mechanisms, a micromechanical bond and a chemical bond to tooth structure that continues to form through the ongoing acidbase setting reaction (typical glass ionomer reaction). As noted above, the adhesion testing resulted in failure either within the Vitrebond Plus liner/base or the dentin layer. The bond strength (and bond failure mode), microleakage and presence of a glass ionomer reaction of Vitrebond Plus liner/base are the same as for the original Vitrebond liner/base. The adequacy of this performance is documented with the clinically successful history of Vitrebond liner/base.