Steigmann Kit, 16 instrument, US Hu-Friedy STEIGKIT
Features & Benefits:
- The kit is designed to split soft tissue. The soft tissue splitters allow the separation of different layers of soft tissue necessary in different surgical goals.
- Separates: mucosa from periosteum, epithelium from connective tissue, different layers of soft tissue.
- Separating mucosa from the underlying periosteum for tension free coverage of bone graft. A mucoperiosteal flap is not flexible due to the structure of the periosteum.
- Mucosa is flexible. By separating mucosa from the underlying periosteum the flap becomes flexible and allows tension free closing of the flap in conjunction with bone graft (horizontal and vertical).
- Prepare a full mucoperiosteal flap up to the MGJ (mucogingival juntion), then starting at the MGJ start splitting the periosteum only (0.2-0.5 mm with the first instrument TKSTEIG2) from the inside of the flap with side moves (MD).
- Separating mucosa from the underlying periosteum with the second instrument (TKSTEIG) after initial periosteal incision. The moves are sideways (MD) keeping the instrument parallel to the bone surface.
- Separated epithelium from underlying mucosa for FGG (free gingival graft)
- The separation technique is made in a structured way with the use of instruments in a determinate sequence.
- This allows for split thickness - "mucosal detachment" even in cases of thin biotype:
- Ability to fix flap to optimal position with the help of periosteal sutures for APF.FGG
- Preparation for "steipod" by detaching the mucosa from the underlying periosteum.
- Periodontal pocket elimination.
- Thin marginal bone can be protected by periosteum - connective tissue site.
- It is useful in periodontology, mucogingival surgery, plastic surgery and oral & maxillofacial surgery.
Write Your Own Review