Soft Tissue Splitter Steigmann, Smooth Handle Hu-Friedy TKSTEIG
Features & Benefits:
- Soft Tissue Splitter Steigmann Smooth Handle features,
- Separating epithelium from underlying connective tissue.
- Splitting soft tissue for free gingival grafts and connective tissue grafts.
- Spade shaped working ends for delicate separation of layers of soft tissue.
- Large diameter Satin SteelÃÃ handle for increased comfort and control.
- Handcrafted with surgical grade stainless steel for longevity and corrosion resistance.
- Used for separating mucosa from underlying periosteum.
- The kit is designed to split soft tissue. The soft tissue splitters allow the separation of different layers of soft tissue necessary in different surgical goals.
- Mucosa is flexible. By separating mucosa from the underlying periosteum the flap becomes flexible and allows tension free closing of the flap in conjunction with bone graft (horizontal and vertical).
- Prepare a full mucoperiosteal flap up to the MGJ (mucogingival juntion), then starting at the MGJ start splitting the periosteum only (0.2-0.5 mm with the first instrument TKSTEIG2) from the inside of the flap with side moves (MD).
- Separating mucosa from the underlying periosteum with the second instrument (TKSTEIG) after initial periosteal incision. The moves are sideways (MD) keeping the instrument parallel to the bone surface.
- Separated epithelium from underlying mucosa for FGG (free gingival graft)
- The separation technique is made in a structured way with the use of instruments in a determinate sequence.
- This allows for split thickness - âmucosal detachmentâ even in cases of thin biotype:
- Ability to fix flap to optimal position with the help of periosteal sutures for APF.FGG
- Preparation for âsteipodâ by detaching the mucosa from the underlying periosteum.
- Periodontal pocket elimination.
- Thin marginal bone can be protected by periosteum - connective tissue site.
- It is useful in periodontology, mucogingival surgery, plastic surgery and oral & maxillofacial surgery.
Write Your Own Review