RelyX™ Veneer Cement System A3 Opaque/Yellow Opaque Shade Syringe Cement Refill 3M™ ESPE™ 7614A3
|Manufacturer:||3M Oral Care|
Features & Benefits:
- 3M™ RelyX™ Veneer Cement is the easy-to-use veneer cement that provides excellent esthetic results.
- Customer-preferred delivery and shading system.
- Try-in pastes offer excellent color match to final cured cement.
- Light-cure-only system provides excellent color stability.
- RelyX™ Veneer Cement is easy to clean up.
- Easy to dispense, apply and seat.
- RelyX™ Veneer Cement cures with a wide range of light sources.
- 3M™ RelyX™ Veneer Cement Refill includes a 3g syringe refill of RelyX Veneer cement in A3 Opaque/Yellow Opaque shade.
- Cementing porcelain, composite and ceramic veneer restorations.
- Can the Single Bond Dental Adhesive be cured on the tooth surface prior to seating the veneer?
Yes, Single Bond dental adhesive has a low cured film thickness of approximately 10-15 microns and therefore can be placed and cured on the tooth without interfering with the proper seating of the veneer. This is how the Single Bond dental adhesive is recommended to be used with RelyX™ ARC Adhesive Resin Cement. However, it is not necessary to cure the Single Bond adhesive if the clinician is concerned with a potential fit problem. The adhesion studies were performed without curing the Single Bond adhesive layer on the tooth with very good results to both enamel and dentin. If the Single Bond adhesive layer is cured prior to seating, care should be taken to avoid any pooling of the adhesive prior to light curing.
- Does RelyX Veneer cement have a catalyst to allow it to self-cure?
No, RelyX Veneer cement is a light-cure only system. It cannot be mixed with a separate catalyst to allow it to self-cure.
- Can RelyX Veneer cement be cured with high powered lights?
Yes, RelyX Veneer cement is very efficient in its curing ability with a variety of light sources. If a high intensity light such as the DMD™ Apollo™ 95E light be used, it is recommended to use a 9 second exposure per area of cure. The light must have the correct output in the 400-500nm wavelength range. Please check with the manufacture for the specific details when using other curing lights.
- Do the shades of RelyX™ Veneer Cement correlate to the existing 3M™ Opal™ Luting Composite shades?
The shades of the RelyX Veneer cement are modified versions of the Opal luting composite shades. Although there is not a direct correlation there is a close approximation.
RelyX™ Veneer Cement - Opal Luting Composite:
- Translucent - Clear
- B0.5/White - Similar to Low Opacity-Cool
- White Opaque - Similar to a Medium-High Opacity Cool
- A1/Light Yellow - Similar to Low Opacity-Warm
- A3 Opaque/Yellow Opaque - Similar to Medium-High Opacity-Warm
- Does the viscosity of RelyX Veneer cement differ substantially to the Opal Luting composite?
Yes, Opal luting composite is substantially thicker than RelyX Veneer cement. RelyX Veneer cement was specifically formulated to allow for easy dispensing and seating of the veneer without the risk of fracture and to allow the veneer to be seated completely to the margins. The unique "non-slumping" nature of RelyX Veneer cement allows the veneers to be placed easily but without concern about the veneers drifting or slumping. The non-slump feature of the high viscosity Opal luting composite was a desired property.
- Can the RelyX Veneer cement be used with Prompt™ L-Pop™ Adhesive?
No, at this time Prompt L-Pop adhesive is not indicated for use to cement indirect restorations.