Posey Respiratory Trach Tube Secure, 9" L x 1" W, Neonatal and Infants, 7-9", 12/dz TIDI 8196S
Call for price
Features & Benefits:
- POSEY® Secure Ties are designed for ventilator dependent patients to help prevent extubation of the tracheostomy tube.
- Two extra ties have been added to popular hook and loop foam trach tie to help prevent disconnection of the swivel adapter or elbow that commonly occurs during coughing.
- No more hook and loop around the swivel connector, no more rubber bands to help keep your patient from inadvertently becoming disconnected from the ventilator.
- Three sizes fit tiny premies to large adults.
- Adjustable sizing.
- Extra tie ensures that the trach tube is in place securely.
- Size: Small.
- Quantity: 12 per box.
- Dimensions: 9" L x 1" W (23 cm x 3 cm).
- Fits: Pediatric to adult necks 9-14" (23-35 cm) 15 1/2" (39 cm) Tie (2 straps). Direction:
- Thread the "hook" tape through one slot of the tracheostomy tube and attach the "hook" fastener to the fuzzy side of the neck pad or strap. Slot should be at least 3/8" (1 cm) to allow for easy insertion.
- Bring the foam neck collar behind the patient's neck and thread "hook" tape through other slot in the tracheostomy tube. Secure "hook" fastener to fuzzy side of neck strap or neck collar.
- Crisscross the white Secure Ties underneath the patient's connector (swivel/ adapter) or flex hose that attaches to the trach tube.
- Grasping each end of the Secure Tie, bring over the top of the patient connector (swivel adapter/elbow) or flex hose. The Secure Tie may be tied at this point in a single tie or a bow tie around the patient connector as illustrated.
- Note: Do not force tabs through the slot when removing trach tie. This could cause accidental extubation or displacement of the tube. If the slot is too small to allow for easy removal, cut off the hook and loop tab, and pull the tie gently.
- Used for Patients with tracheostomy tubes.
Write Your Own Review