Diversionary Mitt, Fill Style, Hook and Loop Wrist Closure, One Size Fits Most Adults TIDI 2810
Features & Benefits:
- Posey Mitts are used to help protect patients who are prone to disrupting medical treatment or self-harm.
- A mitt hinders picking and tube pulling and is considered to be a less restrictive device that should be considered and tried before more restrictive methods are used.
- All mitts fit either hand.
- 48" (122cm) connecting strap (item 2809) included for 2418 and 2819; sold separately for remaining mitts.
- Finger separators included on 2816.
- Mesh Material â No.
- Wrist Closure - Hook-and-Loop.Instructions For Use:
- Insert the patient's hand into the mitt, palm down.
- Wrap the wrist strap around the smallest part of the patient's wrist.
- Where available, thread the strap through the anchoring loop.
- Thread the strap through the plastic ring.
- Secure with the hook and loop fastener.
- Slide ONE finger (flat) between the device and the inside of the patient's wrist to ensure proper fi t. The strap must be snug, but not compromise circulation.
- Patients assessed to be at risk of disrupting life-saving treatments.
- Patients assessed to be at risk of line pulling, which may prevent monitoring of vital signs.
- Patients whose picking, pulling, scratching, or peeling exacerbates a skin condition, causes self-injury, or compromises wound site integrity.
Posey Mitt - 2811
Posey® 2825 Mesh Peek-A-Boo™ Mitt â Instructions for Use
Write Your Own Review