BD Universal Viral Transport Kit, 3mL Vial w/ Minitip Flocked Swab 50/pk 220529
Features & Benefits:
- The BD universal viral transport (UVT) system is designed to transport viruses, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas at room temperature.
- It is one of the only systems that may be stored and transported at 2°C to 25°C-all in one formulation.
No refrigeration requirements:
- The system does not require refrigerated storage or transport on ice, decreasing the risk of specimen rejection and eliminating messy specimen transport.
- The system features a unique blend of antimicrobics that target and suppress bacterial and fungal contamination without harming viruses, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas or ureaplasmas.
- The system helps store samples for long periods by preserving viruses and chlamydiae when stored frozen with the presence of a cryoprotectant.
- BD™ Universal Viral Transport System Adding More Flexibility for Viral Testing.
- Flexible, Compatible and Uniquely Designed.
- Room temperature and refrigerated viability in one formulation.
- Compatible transport medium for the BD Directigen™ EZ viral tests.
- Designed with safety and convenience to meet your viral testing needs.
- Sustains viability for viruses, chlamydiae, mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas in a single formulation.
- Offers fl exibility in transport temperature rangesâroom temperature or refrigerated.
- Suppresses bacterial and fungal contamination by incorporating antibiotics in the medium.
- Preserves viruses and chlamydiae for long-term frozen storage.
- Utilizes a phenol red pH indicator to ensure medium integrity at the time of specimen collection.
- Available in 1 mL or 3 mL vials to allow for testing flexibility.
- Flat-bottomed conical tube stands on the benchtop which reduces the risk of biohazardous spills.
- Capture-cap on 3 mL vial eliminates the need for forceps to remove the swab and reduces the risk of contamination.
- Scored swabs eliminate the need for scissors.
- Acceptable transport medium for the BD Directigen EZ Flu A+B and BD Directigen EZ RSV test kits.
- Able to be used with flocked swabs which feature nylon strands that use capillary action to absorb and elute the entire sample into liquid media.
Write Your Own Review