3M N95 Vflex Surgical Mask Particulate Respirator 1804
|Manufacturer:||3M Oral Care|
Features & Benefits:
- 3M N95 Vflex Surgical Mask &Particulate Respirator helps provide respiratory protection against certain airborne particles. The folded respirator expands for a spacious feel and the pleats help increase surface area for ease of breathing.
- This disposable N95 Healthcare Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask is designed to help provide quality, reliable respiratory protection for health care workers.
- CDC guidelines state N95 respirators may be used for M. tuberculosis exposure control.
- As a surgical mask, it is designed to be fluid resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious materials. 3M uses a variety of innovative technologies and features to help you meet your respiratory protection and comfort needs.
- NIOSH approved N95.
- FDA cleared for use as surgical mask.
- Fluid resistant and disposable.
- Uniquely designed tabs for respirator positioning on the face.
- Pleats flex with mouth movement while talking.
- Flat fold design allows for convenient storage prior to use.
- Fluid Resistant as tested per ASTM F1862 80 mmHg
- Adjustable noseclip helps provide a custom and secure seal
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Fits a broad range of faces
- Meets NIOSH 42 CFR 84 N95 requirements for a minimum 95% filtration efficiency against solid and liquid aerosols that do not contain oil.
- Aerosol Type : Non-Oil.
- Brand : VFlex™
- Color Family : White.
- Exhalation Valve : No.
- Faceseal/Nosefoam : Nosefoam.
- Features : Advanced Electrostatic Media.
- Filter Class : N95.
- Flame Resistance (ASTM D2859-96) : Yes.
- Flammability Rating : Class 1.
- Fluid Resistance : 80mm Hg.
- Fluid Resistant (ASTM F1862) : Yes.
- Individually Wrapped : No.
- Model : 1804
- Natural Rubber Latex Components : No.
- Nuisance Odor Relief (< OSHA PEL) : No.
- Packaging : Bulk Case.
- Product Color : White.
- Product Type : Healthcare Respirator.
- Recommended Industry : Health Care.
- Respirator Size : Small.
- Respirator Style : Flat Fold.
- SGBG New Product : Yes.
- Standards/Approvals : N95 &FDA Cleared.
- Strap Attachment Type : Stapled.Material Composition :
- Straps : Polyisoprene.
- Staples : Steel.
- Nose Clip : Aluminum.
- Filter : Polypropylene.
- Coverweb : Polypropylene.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Approximate weight of product : 0.35 oz.
- Potential settings and applications may include : Operating Rooms, Clinics, TB Wards, Patient Care, Labor and Delivery, Infection Control Practices, Laboratory, emergency or pandemic preparedness planning, stockpiling, etc.Do Not Use For
- DO NOT use in industrial settings.
- DO NOT use for gases or vapors (i.e. anesthetic gases such as isoflurane or vapors from sterilants such as glutaraldehyde).
- DO NOT use in any manner not indicated in the User Instructions.
- WARNING: These respirators help reduce exposures to certain airborne contaminants. User is solely responsible for the selection of appropriate PPE equipment for the setting and application. Before use, the wearer must read and understand the User Instructions provided as a part of the product packaging and for ensuring proper donning and doffing of respiratory equipment.
- It is intended to help reduce wearer exposure to certain airborne particles including those generated by electrocautery, laser surgery, and other powered medical instruments.
- Why should I change from the 1805/1805S to the new 1804/1804S VFlex respirator?
The 3M™ VFlex™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1805/1805S (small) products are being discontinued in 2018 and will no longer be available from 3M. The suggested replacement product is the new 3M™ VFlex™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1804/1804S (small). Therefore, 3m recommend you start transitioning to the new 1804/1804S as soon as possible.
- What are the main differences between 3M™ VFlex™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1805/1805S and the 3M™ VFlex™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1804/ 1804S?
The current 1805/1805S and new 1804/1804S are identical in all aspects of design, construction, materials and N95 filter media, except for:
1. Fluid Resistance: The 1804/1804S was cleared by the FDA to meet the ASTM F1862 Standard for fluid resistance at 80 mmHg, whereas 1805/1805S was cleared to meet the same standard at 120 mmHg. The change in fluid resistance does not change the respirator's FDA clearance to be used as a surgical N95. 3M now offers a line of healthcare respirators (1804/1804S, 1860/1860S, 1870+) with a variety of ASTM levels for fluid resistance. 2. Shelf life: 1804/1804S have a 5-year shelf life from the date of manufacture when stored according to manufacturer's recommendations; 1805/1805S packaging is not labeled with a shelf life.
- I already have purchased inventory of the 3M™ VFlex™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1805/1805S. How long will that product last?
Although 3M does not label the 1805/1805S with a shelf life, 3M recommends using the product within five years to ensure robustness. 3M would expect that these products would be usable up to 5 years from the date of manufacture based on many years of experience with similar products, designs, and materials. In any event, facilities need to operate a properly functioning respiratory protection program, and users must always read and follow all user instructions, including inspecting the product before use and preforming a user seal check prior to entering a contaminated environment.
- Do I need to be re-fit tested for the 1804/1804S VFlex respirator if I have already been fit tested for the 1805/1805S respirator?
Yes. The current 1805/1805S and new 1804/1804S are identical in all aspects of design, construction, materials and N95 filter media; for this reason, it is expecting the fit to be similar between the products. However, the OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.134(f) (2) states: 3M recommends fit testing in accordance with applicable OSHA standards and in keeping with good industrial hygiene practice. Therefore, 3M recommends that the replacement respirators be phased in during your scheduled annual fit-testing sessions, if not sooner
- Is the new 1804/1804S VFlex respirator N95 NIOSH approved?
Yes, both respirators are NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirators. The NIOSH approval TC numbers are TC-84A7789 (1804) and TC-84A-7790 (1804S).
- How long can I continue to purchase the current 3M™ VFlex™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask 1805 /1805S from 3M?
3m anticipate the 1805/1805S respirator will be available until around the end of 2018. 3m suggest you switch over to the 1804/1804S VFlex respirators at your earliest convenience, either at your next scheduled fit testing session or sooner.
- When will the new 1804/1804S VFlex respirator be available?
These respirators have been available for sale beginning in April of 2018.
- If my distributor does not carry the 1804/1804S respirator