Halyard Purple Nitrile-Extra® Exam Gloves, Small, 50/bx, 10bx/cs 50601
Features & Benefits:
- PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves are frequently the glove of choice for healthcare workers who need outstanding barrier protection from bacteria, viruses and chemicals during procedures where risk of fluid exposure is moderate to high.
- PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves offer the highest level of chemotherapy protection available in Halyard Health's line of nitrile exam gloves. These durable gloves are available in 9.5- and 12-inch lengths, for maximum coverage and protection. PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves are especially appropriate in dealing with unknown risks.
- Maximum coverage and protection.
- For moderate to high exposure to fluids or chemicals.
- Powder-free and natural rubber latex-free.
- Textured fingertips.
- Sterile and non-sterile.
- Length: 12 in.
- Available size is Small.
- 12-inch version NFPA 1999-2013 Certified.
- Trusted Performance
- Healthcare professionals in the ER, ICU, Lab, and Oncology Units of acute care facilities, as well as EMS staff, Dental clinicians, and Cancer Center specialists all rely on PURPLE NITRILE* brand of exam gloves.
- When they see that unique purple color, clinicians know they have protection they can trust, and that gives them the confidence to provide the best care to every patient.
- Tested Against 29 Chemotherapy Drugs
- PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves are an excellent choice for protection against chemical exposure.
- They have been tested against 29 chemotherapy drugs per the ASTM D6978-05 "Standard Practice for Assessment of Resistance of Medical Gloves to Permeation by Chemotherapy Drugs," as well as common chemicals found in the healthcare environment.
- Quality Standards
- PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves have an AQL of 1.0 for critical defects. This means that PURPLE NITRILE* Exam Gloves are significantly less likely to have critical defects than exam gloves that just meet the ASTM 2.5 AQL requirement.
- Meets or exceeds ASTM D6319 - Standard Specification for Nitrile Examination Glove for Medical Applications.
- Meets or exceeds biocompatible 10993 studies for systemic toxicity, irritation and sensitization endpoints.
- Passes Viral Penetration Testing - ASTM F1671 - 07 Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood-Borne Pathogens Using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage Penetration as a Test System.
- Clinical Considerations
- Not formulated with Natural Rubber Latex - primary material is acrylonitrilebutadiene, reducing the potential for glove-associated Type I allergic reactions to natural rubber latex proteins.
- Powder-free, minimizing the potential for powder related complications, such as irritant contact dermatitis.
- Select disposable, chemotherapy qualified, powder-free gloves that extend over the gown cuffs.
- If double-gloving, one pair should be worn under the gown cuff and the other worn over the gown cuff.
- If single-gloving, the gloves should be worn over the gown cuff.
- Gloves should be worn for all activities involving chemotherapy drugs, including compounding, administration, handling of waste from recently treated patients, and cleanup of spills.
You're in Good Hands with Halyard Exam Gloves
Write Your Own Review