BD Carefusion Infusion Disposables Vial Access Device, Vented, 0.2 Micron, SmartSite® Needle-Free Valve, 40/cs 10012392
Special Order Item. 14-21 Days Delivery. Item can not be returned.
Features & Benefits:
- This device partners with the Texium™ closed male Luer to provide closed-system access to drug vials.
- SmartSite™ needle-free valve includes:
- Needle-free access to multiple-use vials.
- 0.2 micron hydrophobic air-venting filter provides:
- Neutralization of vial pressure, minimizing aerosols and surface contamination.
- Eases drug extraction.
- Dual pathway spike efficiently:
- Transfers fluids for maximum extractable volume.
- Gain compatibility while reducing risk:
- With the universal vented vial adapter, hospital personnel do not need to sacrifice safety for simplicity.
- 0.2 micron hydrophobic filter - Neutralizes vial pressure to minimize aerosols and surface contamination, and eases drug extraction.
- Dual pathway spike - Helps efficiently transfer fluids and maximize the extractable fluid volume from the vial.
- Needle-free connector - Supports all vial sizes and types. Instructions for use:
- Swab the vial with 70%isopropyl alcohol (IPA), and allow it to dry.
- Remove the protective sheath from the spike.
- Hold the body of the needle-free valve and insert the vial access device into the center of the vial ensuring the vial is on a flat, solid surface.
- Ensure the adapter and spike are entering vertically and not tilted or at an angle.
- Push firmly using a twisting motion until the spike enters the vial. To fully seat the adapter to the top of the vial, push downward while rotating adapter a full 720 degrees.
- Swab the top of the needle-free valve with 70%IPA and allow it to dry.
- Connect the syringe to the needle-free valve on a hard and flat surface.
- Inject the desired amount of diluents into the vial, keeping both the vial and spike upright and in the center of the septum.
- Invert the vial and withdraw the desired amount of solution.
- Disconnect the syringe by holding onto the SmartSite portion of the vial adapter with one hand and, with the other, hold the Texium syringe or other compatible closed male luer. Important tips:
- Do not inject fluid while the vial is inverted.
- If the filter "wets out," aspirate it using an empty syringe to create negative pressure.
- Do not insert the spike at an angle or in a tilted fashion.
- Do not hold the vent while inserting the spike into the vial.
- Do not use the vial access device to access more than one vial.
- Always swab the needle-free valve prior to accessing it.
- Replace the device every 96 hours or after 20 uses, whichever occurs first.
- The CareFusion universal vented vial adapter provides closed, needle-free access to multiple-use drug vials to help reduce the risk of surface contamination during the drug reconstitution process."
Write Your Own Review